Robert Werner is a co-founder and managing director at Hamburg Institut. His consulting focus lies in corporate and political consulting on climate neutrality and decarbonization as well as strategy and business development for companies in the energy industry.
After studying geography and business administration, he worked as a consultant for energy taxes and energy policy, as a research assistant at the Faculty of Economics at the University of Mannheim and as a management consultant. From 2001 to 2011 he was responsible for the procurement and sale of electricity as well as the construction of wind, hydro and solar power plants and their successful financing in the green electricity industry, including through citizen participation models and asset investments. In 2012 he co-founded the Hamburg Institut.
Robert has been active in the public debate on German and European energy policy for over 20 years.
He is also Managing Director of greenmiles GmbH, our subsidiary specializing in GHG accounting and high-quality CO2 compensation.
His current consulting focus:
- Management and political consulting on climate neutrality, decarbonization and the development of climate strategies for companies and administrations
- Consulting for investors and energy suppliers in the development and evaluation of strategies and business models
- Project management for consulting and research projects on systems and markets for guarantees of origin for renewable energy
- Marketing and communication strategies for renewable energies
- Certification and design of green electricity products, management of the certification office of ok-power