Climate strategies | GHG balancing | Municipal climate protection
Jana Kapfer is a consultant and project manager in the field of climate neutrality at Hamburg Institut. She develops climate protection strategies for companies, municipalities and administrations and has already managed several consulting projects, for example for the cities of Oldenburg and Osnabrück, the University of Hamburg and a federal authority. Her focus is on greenhouse gas balancing according to the GHG Protocol and BISKO (Balancing Systematics Municipal) as well as on potential analyses and scenario calculations and the preparation of action plans. In the field of municipal climate protection strategies, their focus is on mobility and stakeholder participation.
Before joining Hamburg Institut, she worked as a student trainee at a renowned consultancy firm and at a large green energy provider, and completed an internship in the sector project supporting the Alliance for Development and Climate at the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Bonn. She wrote her Master’s thesis on the topic of sustainable finance.
Her consulting expertise:
- Climate protection strategies for companies, municipalities and administrations
- Greenhouse gas accounting (PCF, CCF) according to GHG protocol, ISO standards and BISKO
- Municipal climate protection, esp. climate-friendly mobility and stakeholder participation
- CDP reporting, SBTi target setting
- Strategies for compensation and climate financing